School Workshops & Musicals
Dance remains a great medium to impart discipline, self-awareness, team work, togetherness and patience along with promoting freedom of expression and liberation of the mind in developmental stages of life, which is why majority of schools emphasise studying dance and have made it an important part of their curriculum, beyond an extra-curricular activity. SNDA is proud to have been an instrumental part of dance journey for several schools across major cities in India, including Mayo College Girls’ School, Rajkumar College in Rajkot, Vantage Hall Girls’ Residential School in Dehradun, Heritage Girls High School in Udaipur and Sanskar School in Jaipur to name a few.
SNDA has not merely facilitated workshops for these schools but has also conceptualised, choreographed and directed musicals for their annual events. Every musical is conceptualised in a way that emerges as a significant way of learning inspirational stories and portraying powerful characters that transpire the lives of students in some way.
- Conceptualised and directed the musical Hola for Heritage Girls’ School, Udaipur- October 2016
- Conceptualised and directed the musical I am a Princess for Vantage Hall Girls School, Dehradun – October 2016
- Directed and performed the musical ‘The Jungle Book’ with students at Vantage Hall Girls’ School, Dehradun – May 2016
- Directed and performed the musical Phoenix of Peace with students at Heritage Girls’ High School, Udaipur – November 2015
- Directed a 30-minute musical If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It, based on the story of inspirational icon Arunima Sinha, with students from Vantage Hall Girls’ School, Dehradun – October 2015
- Directed and performed the musical ‘The Four Candles’ with students from Vantage Hall Girls’ School, Dehradun – May 2015
- Maya, Teach For India Project & artists on Broadway, Mumbai & Pune, – June and November 2014
- Rajkumar College, Rajkot, April 2014
- Sanskar School, Jaipur – November 2010 and February 2012
- Mayo College Girls’ School – October 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012